Sunday, June 21, 2009

Lucio Class!

I just finished a two day class with Lucio Bubacco! He is amazing! Simply the best human figures in glass. Just getting to watch him work was a treat. Then we got to try things out for ourselves. Here are the 3 complete pieces I managed to create. Most of the work ended up shattered in little bits all over the table. Sculpture with moretti glass is a real challenge as the smallest mistake causes cracking. These are all about 3-4" tall. His of course are much larger, plus he adds goblet feet and bowls to them. His also have far more detail. You will notice that 1 of my figures has a sort of face to it, but they kept turning out quite badly so I went for more abstract heads on the others. He demonstrated a larger version of the face for us, so I think I know what I was doing wrong, but haven't had a chance to try again yet. These are nowhere near his quality (or even very good), but I sure learned a lot and got some great ideas and tips to use on my other work!

A figure with wings.























Another figure with wings. This one doesn't have a great face, but the hair is good!











































A figure in a more active pose.











No comments:

Post a Comment