Friday, May 15, 2009

Studio Setup

Its spring cleaning time and earlier this week Shane went out to clean the shed. I found out last night that while he was out there he rearranged some things and assembled my glass bench and hood! We started looking at what would be involved with getting ventilation going out there. For starters, it seems that the fan that came with the hood is not sufficient for that size hood. I would need 3 of those fans! I don't really want 3 big holes in the shed. Or one really big, loud, expensive fan. hmmmm. It sounds like it is possible to partition off part of the hood in some way so that I can get by with just the single fan, but we're not too clear on how to do that so more investigation is required.

We have a spare window we can install in the shed and Shane has a plan on how to set up some ducting from it to provide the makeup air. Will have to do some more checking to figure out if the window would be big enough to support both a small A/C for summer and ducting for makeup air. A small space heater on the floor should be sufficient during the winter if I direct the makeup air in the hood area rather than the room in general. The final hurdle will be getting power. This could be the most difficult as I am guessing I will need at least 3 circuits, one for kiln, one for oxy generator, and one for the rest of it. Probably is going to involve professional electrician which could be pricy :(

No comments:

Post a Comment